HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgical Critical Care Pharmacist Clinical Specialist in Wichita, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Surgical Critical Care Pharmacist Clinical Specialist!
In this role, you will provide sophisticated, comprehensive care to patients facing life-threatening illnesses or injuries. You will be involved in multi-disciplinary rounding, documenting critical care activities and interventions, precepting residents and students, completing consults, conducting research, hospital/division/corporate committee involvement and emergency response. You will be an integral team member on our surgical critical care team and provide bedside direct patient care on a daily basis.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Wesley Healthcare, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance Employee
- Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Pharmacy teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Pharmacist with us:
- You will provide drug information and clinical services for patients and healthcare professionals
- You will monitor all aspects of drug therapy for your patients
- You will be responsible for the safe, effective and cost-effective use of drugs through the application of specialized knowledge, skills, and professional judgment
- You will interpret medication orders and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles timely and accurately
- You will serve as mentor for pharmacy colleagues, pharmacy residents and pharmacy students
- You will be part of a dynamic pharmacy team seeking to provide the most optimal care for our patients
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- Current licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Kansas
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course through American Heart Assoc. or American Red Cross - Healthcare Provider CPR
- ACLS and PALS within 180 days of hire
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD)
- Pharmacy residency (PGY1) plus 1 year of ICU experience or Pharmacy residency (PGY1) plus Specialty residency training (PGY2) or 5 years of ICU experience.
- Board Certified Critical Care Pharmacist or other recognized specialty practice area preferred
- Registered as a preceptor with the Kansas Board of Pharmacy preferred
- Specialty residency training (PGY2) preferred
- Specialty fellowship training preferred
- Three years of clinical experience in adult medicine pharmacy preferred
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and primary stroke center. Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Surgical Critical Care Pharmacist Clinical Specialist
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-26696