Mackenzie Health Vaccination Pharmacist in Vaughan, Ontario
Temporary Part Time positions (approximately 3 months)
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Vacination Pharmacist who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Working within the vaccination clinic, the Vaccination Pharmacist will administer the vaccination to clients in accordance to the COVID-19 Vaccination medical directive. The Vaccination Pharmacist will also provide supervision and support to pharmacy assistants/technicians involved in the preparation of vaccine.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Completing training required for the implementation of the COVID-19 Vaccination medical directive.
• Complete patient assessment of allergy status, current health condition and medications;
• Provide the recipient patient with information regarding COVID-19 immunization;
• Explain the side effects of the vaccine and ensure there are no contraindications
• Explain the procedure to the recipient patient;
• Administer the COVID-19 vaccine
• Complete required documentation related to administration of the COVID-19 vaccine.
• Provides effective supervision, leadership and direction to Pharmacy Assistants, Pharmacy Technicians, students and volunteers within the Vaccination Clinic.
• Following proper hand hygiene protocols and adhering to the use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
• Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy
• Injection Certification through Ontario College of Pharmacists
• Licensed with the Ontario College of Pharmacists in Part A of the Register (or eligible for registration).’
• Access to a personal smart phone with the ability to download application for two-factor authentication
What else do you bring?
• Proven attendance record.
• Comfortable using web-based applications via touch screen tablet
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
*May be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Competition Number: 2021-5365
Department: VACCINATION CLINIC
Shift: Monday - Friday
Hours: 10 Hour Shifts
Job Title: MANAGER, PHARMACY