University of Toledo Pharmacist - Pharmacy (req3849) in Toledo, Ohio
Pharmacist - Pharmacy (req3849)
Employment Type:Staff - Contingent
Employee Class:Unclass Contingent AFSCME HSC
Work Hours:varies - varies; will be in the weekend rotation
Hours Per Week:2
Number of Openings:1
Salary Range:$ 48.07 - 52.99
Grade:Unclassified AFSCME HSC - N1U84
Position Control Number (PCN):H99676
Posting Period:9/15/2021 - 9/22/2021
* Position filled in accordance with AFSCME Article 11. AFSCME Bids accepted 9/15/2021 - 9/21/2021
All other applications accepted through 9/22/2021 *
To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, the University of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus Medical Center is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirements will include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other required health screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional upon successful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.
To dispense medications for patients of all ages, from infant to geriatric, upon receipt of a medication order. Will provided drug information to the medical and nursing staff upon request. PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED.
• Graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy
• Registered to practice pharmacy in the State of Ohio or eligible for licensure
Communication and other skills:
• Hospital pharmacy experience preferred
• Self-directed, motivated and capable of leading supportive personnel.
• Possess the ability to resolve conflicts and respond appropriately to complaints.
• Able to work well with the public and other health professionals.
• Provides excellent customer service
• Demonstrate and utilize effective interpersonal and culturally appropriate communications.
• Visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable
• Ability to hear (with or without aides)
• Ability to orally communicate Position Description Page 3
• Good manual dexterity
• Ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 50 pounds occasionally
• Ability to stand, walk constantly
• Ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel occasionally
Works in a professional environment with possible high stress levels.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for anaccommodation request (https://www.utoledo.edu/depts/hr/webforms/reasonable-accommodation-request-form.html) .
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.