University of Toledo Clinical Pharmacist - Outpatient Pharmacy (Req3149) in Toledo, Ohio
Clinical Pharmacist - Outpatient Pharmacy (Req3149)
Employment Type:Staff - Regular
Employee Class:Salaried Full Time HSC
Bargaining Unit:BU Exempt
Work Hours:0700 - 1900
Hours Per Week:40
Number of Openings:1
Salary Range: Salary to commensurate with education & experience
Grade:Salaried HSC - J112
Position Control Number (PCN):H92704
Posting Period:5/7/2021 - open until filled
To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, the University of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus Medical Center is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirements will include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other required health screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional upon successful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.
The role of the Outpatient Clinical Pharmacist at the University of Toledo Medical Center is to provide a consistently high level of clinical services at all times to ensure optimal comprehensive patient care. They facilitate the implementation of policies, procedures, and staff development programs that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost-effective drug therapies. The Outpatient Clinical Pharmacist precepts, mentors, and educates students, residents, pharmacists, and other health care professionals. Their responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, core pharmacy services, assisting in the management of the pharmacy department, and coordinating daily clinical pharmacy services.
· G raduate of accredited pharmacy school
· Must hold current and unrestricted Ohio Pharmacist License
· Two to Five years’ experience in outpatient or retail pharmacy required
· PGY-1 residency or 3 years of clinical pharmacy practice preferred
· Board certification or specialty certification preferred
· Immunization certification required
· Knowledge of purchasing and strong inventory management skills
· Strong computer skills required with knowledge of pharmacy software systems
· Skilled and knowledgeable regarding prescription benefit third party insurance billing
· Knowledgeable in physical, chemical, and pharmacological aspects of pharmacy practice with special interest and ability to develop and implement innovative pharmacy practice models and programming
Communication and other skills:
· Must be self-directed, motivated and capable of leading supportive personnel
· Should be able to work well with the public and other health professionals
· Must have effective interpersonal and communication skills
· Utilizes effective communication to provide excellent customer service
· Demonstrates effective and culturally appropriate communications
· Able to train, evaluate and supervise professional and technical personnel and staff
This employee works in a busy retail setting requiring a high degree of professionalism and precision. It can be stressful at times. The employee in this position is expected to alternately deal with a variety of tasks including customer service, phone calls and dispensing functions. Physical demands include standing or walking for most of the working day, and lifting not more than 50 pounds.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for anaccommodation request (https://www.utoledo.edu/depts/hr/webforms/reasonable-accommodation-request-form.html) .
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.