Provide pharmaceutical care services to the patients including, but not limited to oversight, monitoring, preparation, dispensing and proper documentation of patient medication therapy as well as providing drug information, patient information and oversight of information and dispensing systems.
Additionally, ensures compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
May also advise physicians on medication utilization.
- Review and monitor patient’s medication therapy and orders written for safety and efficacy considering specific patient conditions and health status.
- Advise patient care team of issues with, or possible enhancements to, patient’s medication therapy and document such interventions.
- Prepare, label and dispense medications for patients in accordance with physicians’ prescriptions.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and narcotics and the maintenance of required records.
- Ensure that appropriate medications are available for patients and properly procured, prepared, stored and maintained.
- Supervise the process and technical personnel who assist in preparation, maintenance and dispensing of drugs and supplies.
- Maintain liaison relationships with medical and nursing staff.
- Provide timely information pertaining to pharmaceutical supplies, drug usage and compatibility, state and federal regulations regarding drug controls, and Joint Commission standards.
Required: Pharm. D. or BS in pharmacy
Preferred: Hospital experience
Required: Pharmacy License