Steward Health Care System Clinical Pharmacist in Stoughton, Massachusetts
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary of Responsibility:
The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist works collaboratively with attending physicians, physician assistants/nurse practioners, infectious disease practitioners, nurses, and other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure appropriate use of antibiotics and other medications. The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist is responsible for monitoring, reviewing, reporting, and making recommendations to the team on medication therapy management.
- License to practice pharmacy in Massachusetts.
- BS in pharmacy degree from an AACP accredited College of Pharmacy required. Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred.
- Successful completion of an infectious disease specialty residency or two years of related practice experience preferred.
- Ability to research and analyze the medical literature including drug information, disease states and clinical practice guidelines.
- P roficiency in hospital software.