Saint Barnabas Health Care System Pharmacist Qualitas (Full-Time) in South Plainfield, New Jersey
Pharmacist Qualitas (Full-Time)
Req \#: 0000064089
Facility: Livingston Services Corporation
603 MONTROSE AVE, SOUTH PLAINFIELD, NJ 07080
The pharmacist is responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical care to all patient age groups (including infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric). They are responsible for the prescription, dispensing, and monitoring of both the prescribing and effectiveness of all medications (oral, intravenous and injectable). They exercise considerable independent decision-making.
Education/Training/Certification/Licensure: Completion of course at an accredited School of Pharmacy with a B.S or Pharm D degree. Registration in New Jersey as a Pharmacist with an active license required. Infusion pharmacy experience desirable. Familiarity with all phases of Pharmacy practice preferred.
Work Environment and Hazards: Hazards include risk of physical injury from operation of equipment, manipulation of sharps and working with chemicals (chemotherapy).
Special Physical Demands: Must meet requirements of the ADA
Work Contact Group: All patient related hospital departments, physicians, families visitors, nursing personnel and nurse coordinators.
1. Notifies nurse, other pharmacists, intake and reimbursement staff of any patient changes/modifications of medications prescribed.
2. Obtains and maintains patient medication profile per Board of Pharmacy, Joint Commission and URAC requirements. Reviews accuracy every 4 weeks.
3. Assures patient, hospital and referral source satisfaction. No complaints registered.
4. Participates in the coordination of care with all healthcare disciplines. Obtains all required documentation.
5. Prepares delivery ticket correctly with correct address, insurance and no over-lapping dates. Minimizes extra deliveries.
6. Reports lab results, non-compliance and other patient problems to physician.
7. Compounding form is completed accurately.
8. Participates with on-call, answers all pages within 15 minutes and handles all problems.
9. Ensures all medications are dispensed correctly.
10. Answers all patient calls regarding medication questions, discussing compliance and supplies.
11. Check drug interactions and allergies when filling prescriptions.
12. Assures adjudication was complete and costs are covered before dispensing of medication.
13. Assures all inventory is kept in order and pharmacies are locked at end of day.
14. Arranges delivery and completes initial contact and initial assessment prior to patient starting on service.
15. Completes care plan and 24 hour contact with 24 hours of patient starting on service. Updates care plan weekly or with each delivery.
16. Able to assist physician in devising TPN formulas and pain control formulas when needed. Understands warning limits in Baxa software.
17. Discharges patient in a timely manner.
18. Correctly documents all controlled substance dispensing reports and resolves inventory discrepancies.
19. Is one day ahead with all scheduled deliveries.
20. Checks off delivery logs, files all paperwork every day.
21. Follows work flow and checks all deliveries for accuracy and completeness.
22. Able to effectively perform duties.
of MTM/Outcome pharmacist.
23. Completes all competencies and has a passing score. Passes Quality Checks.
24. Understands and adheres to the company policy and requirements. EG: Snow day and sick time.
25. Arrives to work on time: No tardies in year=4, <10 tardies/yr=3, <20 tardies/yr=2, >20 tardies/yr=2
26. Understands and participates on different committees or plans: EG: emergency Operation.
27. Able to be crossed trained to work or assist in other areas. Helps co-workers when appropriate.
28. Willingness and flexible to work alternating work schedules on short notice. Will support management and do what is asked.
29. Follow processes & procedures.
30. Oversees the technician, checking for accuracy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.