AdventHealth Clinical Staff Pharmacist in Sebring, Florida
Clinical Staff Pharmacist AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Verifies all medications for correctness and appropriate to patient's age before they are distributed to patient care areas.
- Dispenses medications for the correct patient in the correct dose, dosage form, and amount at the right time.
- Reviews physician orders to assure accuracy and appropriateness, and intervenes with prescriber and documents interventions as required.
- Performs renal dosing adjustments, IV to PO conversions, therapeutic interchanges and other medical staff-authorized policies and procedures.
- Consistently documents interventions performed on a patient's behalf.
- Provides consultative services to patients and professional staff to assure safe, effective and cost effective use of medications.
- Supervises the work of pharmacy technicians and pharmacy interns.
What You Will Need:
- One year of Contemporary hospital pharmacy experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, or other advanced pharmacy degree
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Applicable State Pharmacy License
The Clinical Staff Pharmacist supports the mission of the department, hospital, and health-system by preventing, identifying and resolving drug related problems to assure patients safety, improve patients’ satisfaction, optimize patients’ outcome and minimize cost. Works in the main Pharmacy, as well as in patient care areas. Will perform all functions of a registered pharmacist including accurate and timely dispensing, clinical interaction with the healthcare team, patients’ involvement, and technician supervision.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs