Scripps Health ED Pharmacist Specialist - $12k New Hire Incentive in San Diego, California
/At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work./
/You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential./
As part of the Scripps Health pharmacy team, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians provide a broad range of clinical services at our sites and work collaboratively with physicians, nurses and other health care team members to deliver high-quality, efficient services to patients and staff. They enjoy a practice environment that offers state-of-the-art technology and innovative tools in a collaborative and supportive workplace.
The Emergency Department (ED) Pharmacist Specialist will be one of two pharmacists specializing in the Emergency Department at Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista. The ED Pharmacist Specialist will work closely with the ED clinicians serving San Diego’s South Bay area, including Chula Vista, Otay Mesa, National City, Imperial Beach, Bonita and beyond. To be successful, the ED Pharmacist Specialist will be proactive, comfortable working independently without defined structure and exemplify the Mercy style of care.
Assumes clinical leadership responsibilities for pharmacy and pharmacy practice in their area of specialization. Collaborates with physicians and other health professionals to develop intervention strategies to maximize medication utilization related to area of specialization, including but not limited to medication guidelines, clinical pathways, core measures, education and policy development. Provides collaborative pharmaceutical care with the respective specialized teams in identified patient care areas. Reviews and evaluates individual drug orders for appropriateness, safety, and cost. Documents the care provided to patients. Establishes methods to improve pharmaceutical care, meet identified department and system goals, develop and coordinate utilization reviews and prospective drug use audits and identify and assure collection of pertinent metrics for area of specialization. Assures regulatory compliance in area of specialization. Precepts students and residents. Participates in quality assurance efforts for area of specialization. Provides education, training and competency sign off in area of specialization. Participates in research, publication and presentations at state and national organizations. Actively participates in multidisciplinary committees providing clinical expertise and evidence-based data to assist in guiding value-based practices, developing and deploying standardized treatment regimens protocols and developing and monitoring Quality Assurance / Performance Improvement initiatives.
This is a full time position with varied shifts. Shifts are 8 hours anytime between 8am and 1am, with every other weekend. Includes $9,000 retention incentive and $3,000 relocation assistance to eligible new hires.
The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Internal candidates
- Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years ago
In order to remain eligible for your retention incentive the following criteria must be met :
- Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if specified in offer letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to other locations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus unless specifically noted in your offer letter.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- Experience in a multi-site health system pharmacy enterprise; Teaching certificate and/or experience precepting students and residents.
- PGY2 residency in critical care or emergency medicine
- PALS certification
- Membership in professional pharmacist organizations
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- BS Pharmacy or Pharm.D. Degree
- PGY1 and PGY2 residency in area of specialty or related specialty OR PGY1 and 2 years' practice experience in area of specialty or related specialty OR 5 years' experience in area of specialization.
- California Pharmacist License
- AHA BLS for the health care provider and ACLS certifications required prior to being trained to respond to codes.
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) or other nationally accredited certification required within 2 years' of hire.
Organization: *Scripps Mercy Chula Vista
Title: ED Pharmacist Specialist - $12k New Hire Incentive
Location: Southern San Diego County-CHULA VISTA-SCRIPPS MERCY HOSPITAL CHULA VISTA
Requisition ID: 1054378