Scripps Health Advance Practice Pharmacist - Population Health - $12k New Hire Incentive in San Diego, California
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential/./
Scripps Accountable Care Organization (ACO) is a model of health care delivery designed to provide better access to care while controllingn costs. The Advance Practice Pharmacist (APP) will work with the Population Health and ACO team on various healthcare contracts, making sure the medication components are hitting target intiatives. The APP will analyze data to help identify areas of improvement. The APP may also contact patients to discuss medication regimen and make recommendations to providers. This position is ideal for a pharmacist experienced in managed care and comfortable in an office setting.
Assumes clinical pharmacy leadership responsibilities for area of specialized care. Provides direct patient care as a provider under the privileges and credentialing program of Scripps Health pharmacy department. Operates under a collaborative practice agreement in the area of specialization identified. Participates in evaluation and management of diseases and health conditions including: performing patient assessment, orders and interprets laboratory values, and can refer patients to other providers. Initiates, adjusts, modifies or discontinues drug therapy within the scope of the collaborative practice agreement and area of specialization. Collaborates with healthcare team to provide optimal medication management for patients within defined practice area. Evaluates the clinical practice for patient care and monitors process for continuous improvement. Participates in research, publication and presentations at state and national organizations. Oversees pharmacy program within their area of specialization ensuring competencies of pharmacists, up to date protocols and drug therapy guidelines and oversees quality assurance in defined area of practice. This is a pharmacy leadership position functioning to advance practice within a designated scope of responsibility.
This is a full time, salaried position, Monday through Friday in an office setting at 4S Ranch. Includes $9,000 retention incentive and $3,000 relocation assistance to eligible new hires.
The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Internal candidates
- Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years ago
In order to remain eligible for your retention incentive the following criteria must be met :
- Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if specified in offer letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to other locations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus unless specifically noted in your offer letter.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- Experience in a multi-site health system pharmacy enterprise
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- BS Pharmacy or Pharm.D. Degree
- PGY1 and PGY2 residency in area of specialty or related specialty and 1 years' experience OR PGY1 residency and 3 years' experience in Clinical pharmacy practice (inpatient or ambulatory) in area of specialization or related specialty.
- Practice experience must include at least 1 year working under collaborative practice agreements or health system protocols.
- California Pharmacist License
- AHA BLS for the health care provider
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) or other nationally accredited certification required within 2 years' of hire
- Advance Practice Pharmacist license required within 1 year of hire.
Organization: *Scripps Clinic
Title: Advance Practice Pharmacist - Population Health - $12k New Hire Incentive
Location: Central San Diego County-LA JOLLA-SCRIPPS MED FOUNDATION ADMINISTRATION
Requisition ID: 1054329