Mackenzie Health CLINICAL PHARMACIST in Richmond Hill, Ontario
Temporary Full Time position (approximately 9 months)
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Clinical Pharmacists who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Working within a multidisciplinary team, contributes to overall desired patient outcomes through provision of pharmaceutical care including drug therapy monitoring, pharmacokinetic consultation, drug information and other activities related to drug use control.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates drug therapy effectively.
• Educate patients about medications to raise sense of autonomy and reduce non-compliance and complications.
• Applies pharmaceutical care model to identify, resolve and prevent drug related problems.
• Conduct drug utilization reviews to ensure the cost effective usage of medications.
• Co-ordinate the acquisitions and supply of in-center and home medications to ensure the seamlessness of continuum of care.
• Participates in formulating the interdisciplinary plan of care.
• Provides effective supervision, leadership and direction to Pharmacy Technicians, students and volunteers.
• Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
• Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy.
• Licensed with the Ontario College of Pharmacists in Part A of the Register (or eligible for registration).
• Previous hospital experience required.
What else do you bring?
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Hospital residency an asset.
• PharmD an asset.
• Demonstrated pharmaceutical care, communication and computer skills.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.
Competition Number: 2021-5679
Shift: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Job Title: MANAGER, PHARMACY
Street: 10 Trench Street