Penn Medicine Per Diem Clin Research Pharmacist IDS in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Per Diem Clin Research Pharmacist IDS
Job ID :87314
Job Category: Pharmacy
Specialty Area: Pharmacy
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Varies
Penn Medicine Entity: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3600 Civic Center Blvd
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Employment Type: Per Diem
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
The Pharmacy Department a the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania has a Per Diem opportunity for a Pharmacist.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Prepares, compounds, manufactures and dispenses medications, biologic agents, natural products, medical devices and related materials for ongoing research trials.
• Manages record keeping, shipping, ordering, receiving, storage, retention/destruction and related inventory activities in compliance with good clinical practices and the requirements of individual study sponsors.
• Participates in study initiations, monitoring and closeout visits, quality assurance audits and other related meetings with study sponsors and their representatives, regulatory agencies and others.
• Ensures the accuracy and integrity of products prior to their dispensing to study participants.
• Maintains compliance with all applicable Penn and UPHS policies, sponsor guidelines and state and federal laws and regulations.
• Reads, interprets and processes prescriptions for investigational medications; clarifies orders with prescribers as needed.
• Accurately dispenses medications and prepares sterile products following proper aseptic technique.
• Serves as a resource to other members of the research community as well as to UPHS pharmacists and nurses; provides drug information for investigational agents as needed; assists investigators in the development of investigator-initiated trials, formulation of medications and preparation of IND applications.
• Prepares clearly written staff procedures for new trials, which accurately reflect the protocol regimen and sponsor’s specific requirements; updates procedures to correspond to protocol revisions.
• Oversees the work performed by clinical research technicians, pharmacy interns, pharmacy residents and clerkship students to ensure that performance standards are maintained and that work is accurate in accordance with applicable state and federal regulation sand Penn and UPHS policies.
• Participates in rotating on-call coverage for situations that require assistance after hours.
• Performs related duties as required and assigned by manager.
Minimum Requirements :
Please apply if you possess these qualifications:
Licensure as a pharmacist (State of Pennsylvania) required or ability to reciprocate. Successful completion of CITI Protection of Human Subjects training during probationary period and reassessment periodically as per University policy.
PharmD or other advanced degree. Pharmacy residency or fellowship preferred. Prior clinical trials experience (will consider non-clinical research experience). Previous experience working with investigational medications or devices preferred
Previous medication compounding and formulation experience preferred. Sterile product preparation experience prior to hire and demonstrated ability to prepare sterile products accurately and safely after hire.
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs