Cardinal Health Nuclear Pharmacist II in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
What Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Accountabilities in this role
- Takes telephone orders from Cardinal Health customers. Learn how to use the Order Receipt and Order Entry systems by becoming familiar with customers, locations, drug names and dosages and customer dose specifications. Knows the BOP (Board Of Pharmacy) state laws and requirements for radioactive order or prescription. Learns how to identify failure modes.
- Prepares and dispenses radiopharmaceuticals in keeping with the prescriptionandCompany, State and Federal regulations. May oversee Nuclear Pharmacy Technicians who, where permitted by law, prepares and dispenses radiopharmaceuticals.
- Performs quality control tests, and packages the doses for shipping to the customer in keeping with the prescriptionandCompany, State and Federal regulations.
- Assays medications to determine identity, purity and strength, performs white blood cell labeling; enters daily elutions, kit preparations, and incoming inventory in keeping with the prescription and Company, StateandFederal regulations.
- Knows the inventory and regulatory programs by knowing how to handle the incoming and outgoing check-in and packaging. Handles the stock room maintenance and 5S methodology visuals.
- Becomes familiar with the Voice of the Customer/ Voice of the Business /Continuous Improvement/Leadership Essentials by completing a one day shadowing at a customer site and a one day ride-a-long with a sales consultant. Collect and enter Customer Impact Data daily. Do a monthly review of the Pharmacy Scorecard with the manager. Review the Leadership Essentials, complete the White Belt Training in Operational Excellence.
- May oversee running of the facility (known as Pharmacist in Charge) if needed.
- Trains newly hired pharmacy associates as needed
- Performs other job related duties as required to ensure the goals and objectives of the department are met including delivering doses if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and/or PharmD required
- Valid Pharmacist’s license in the state in which the pharmacy operates, or is in the process of obtaining a valid license.
- Must complete at least 200 hours of academic training in a nuclear pharmacy through an accredited program.
- Working knowledge of biohazardous waste management procedures.
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reach, lifting and holding of small objects.
- Demonstrated manual dexterity in order to dispense doses.
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must hold a valid driver's license in the state in which the pharmacy is located.
- Comfortable driving in all types of weather conditions (rain, sleet, snow, fog, wind and sun).
- Deliveries occur during both nighttime and daytime conditions.
- Flexibility to work various shifts or overtime as needed.
- Intermediate computer skills (ability to use computers and tablets).
- Ability to work weekends or be in a weekend rotation.
- Ability to work on call or be in an on call rotation.
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation.
- Prior Authorized User certification is preferred. Nuclear Pharmacy Training can be provided.
- Authorized User: As defined in part by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, an individual who has completed a minimum of 700 hours of training in a structured educational program consisting of both didactic training and supervised on the job training in radiation physics, instrumentation, radiation protection, chemistry, math and radiation biology. This is usually divided into two sections: 200 hours of formal course work and 500 hours of supervised experience. For current pharmacists, the requirements are the same plus a preceptor statement of training from an Authorized Nuclear Pharmacist.
A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs