The Mount Sinai Health System Registered Pharmacist; MSW; Full Time Variable in New York, New York
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Ensures rational drug therapy by reviewing inpatient and outpatient medication orders prior to dispensing. Evaluates new orders against existing patient profiles and provides appropriate pharmaceutical care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates the ability to detect, communicate and avoid drug interactions and the administration of drugs to which the patient may be allergic.
2. Contacts prescribers for issue resolution.
3. Dispenses prescription medication to inpatients, outpatients and employees as per departmental policies.
4. Appropriately supervises non-licensed personnel.
5. Appropriately checks all work conducted by non-licensed personnel requiring direct pharmacist supervision and authorization, e.g., unit-dose cassette filling, I.V. batching.
6. Dispenses and maintains accurate records of dispensing controlled substances, tax-free alcohol and investigational new drugs.
7. Demonstrates ability to operate required equipment, e.g., unit-dose repackaging, total parenteral nutrition compounder, laminar flow hoods, etc.
8. Compounds products as required, including sterile parenteral products, maintaining required logs.
9. Initiates and documents pharmacist interventions to change prescribing where required.
10. Investigates and documents reports of Adverse Drug Reactions.
11. Ensures an adequate inventory of medications and supplies is maintained. Arranges for emergency inter-hospital transfer of medications when required.
12. Completes all required documentation.
13. Maintains a safe, clean working environment.
14. Maintains and enforces appropriate security measures at all times.
15. Prepares required reports of pharmaceutical services.
16. Provides drug information services to other health care professionals. Demonstrates ability to retrieve and convey information from various sources, e.g, Trissel, AHFS, Micromedex, etc.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai Morningside ( Formerly St Luke’s), and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
The Mount Sinai Health System
- The Mount Sinai Health System Jobs