HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacist Oncology Coordinator in New Orleans, Louisiana
Do you have the career opportunities as aPharmacist Oncology Coordinatoryou want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinTulane Medical Center,a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Tulane Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with someunique benefitsincluding: * o Student Loan Repaymento Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Mission and Values
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Pharmacist Oncology Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Pharmacy Oncology Coordinator is responsible for providing evidence-based, patient-centered oncology and supportive care pharmacotherapy management while serving as the chemotherapy subject matter expert for the multidisciplinary care team. This includes clinical treatment assessment of patient chemotherapy regimens, providing recommendations to physicians based on the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) and other national guidelines, monitoring patient medication regiments and serving a as medication information resource for patients, the pharmacy department and all members of the Oncology care team.
About this unit: * The Tulane Medical Center Pharmacy Department services the needs of our inpatient, emergency room, surgical and outpatient oncology/infusion populations * Opportunity to join a collaborative team to provide excellent pharmaceutical care * Leadership and staff are positive, supportive, and engaged Responsibilities:
- Recommends, designs, implements, monitors, and modifies pharmacotherapeutic plans.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team on the creation and management of order sets, policies, and procedures.
- Interacts with blood and marrow transplant (BMT) services leadership and providers to maintain Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) accreditation. Yearly attendance is required at ASTCT to maintain (FACT) accreditation
- Provides management of the direct reports related to oncology service line as assigned by DOP.
- Interprets orders and verifies them accurately and efficiently in the hospital computer systems
- Accurately review and assist with the compounding and dispensing of pharmaceuticals and chemotherapy
- Complies with facility policy, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed based on guidelines and evidence.
- Assists with the hospital formulary, minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promoting rational drug therapy selection working with providers.
- Attends and actively participates in daily multidisciplinary BMT rounds.
- Provides accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients as needed or requested.
- Actively participates in clinical pharmacy services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO conversion, renal dosing and other programs as defined by hospital, division or corporate pharmacy leadership.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Louisiana licensed pharmacist or eligible.
- *Education: *Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy required.
- *Experience: *Minimum of 2 years preferred 4 years of hospital oncology service line experience. Completion of a hospital-based PGY1 pharmacy practice residency and PGY2 general oncology or hematology/oncology specialized residency preferred.
- Special qualifications:Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) certification required. ACLS and/or PALS preferred. Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.* *Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills. Word processing, spreadsheet creation and manipulation and other computer software skills required.
- Work schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday during Cancer Center and Inpatient Malignant Hematology/ BMT service hours of operations, but with notice, may be required to staff during emergency situations as assigned by Director of Pharmacy (DOP).
/ / With 235 beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital* *by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Oncology Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacist Oncology Coordinator
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans-Tulane Medical Center
Requisition ID: 02560-18101