Aerotek Pharmacist in Miami, Florida
Our client has an immediate need for a Pharmacist with at least 2 years of hospital experience. The right candidate would have to be flexible to work 2nd and 3rd shifts.
• Delivers quality pharmaceutical care and effective medication management outcomes through error-free care, timely verification, and delivery of medications.
• Participates in hospital based Code Blue events, medication reconciliation and provides evidenced based drug information.
• Ensures and maintains competency with safe use of pharmacy and hospital clinical information systems (Cerner, Pyxis, C-2Safe,Baxa TPN, DoseEdge, Lab).
• Ensures and executes policies and procedures that insure appropriate, cost-effective, safe medication use and utilizes the approved hospital formulary.
• Directs and supervises technical staff related to daily medication compounding and preparation, and verifies accuracy of medications prior to dispensing.
• Interprets and processes medication orders timely, accurately, and manages medication use based on state and federal regulations.
• Performs quality review to achieve metrics & documents interventions, clinical activities, adverse drug reactions, & medication errors accurately to meet DNV standards, state & federal requirements.
• Screens for adverse events such as allergies, correct dosage, incompatibilities, duplications, potential adverse drug reactions, contraindications, drug-drug interactions and drug-food interactions.
• Weighs, measures, and prepares oral and medication products utilizing appropriate tools and equipment.
• Actively participates in lean committee assigned activities, daily huddles, and works to improve departmental service excellence index (SEI) scores through patient and family initiatives.
filling prescriptions, final review, Reporting, Pyxis
Top Skills Details:
filling prescriptions,final review,Reporting,Pyxis
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy; Doctorate of Pharmacy preferred
At least 2 solid years working in a hospital
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs