Cardinal Health Clinical Operations Pharmacist (Tewksbury Hospital) in Massachusetts
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacyis responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers; may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
General Summary / Overview Statement: Summarize the nature and level of work performed.
Under general direction of the System Clinical Pharmacy Director, the Clinical Operations Pharmacist will provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care to patients at Tewksbury Hospital in Tewksbury, MA. The 350-bed public health facility provides a wide array of medical services for patients under the Department of Public Health and the Department of Mental Health.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities, and Essential Functions : Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, essential functions, special projects, and key objectives for this position.
- Deliver direct patient care and medication management services throughout the care continuum.
- Collaborateeffectively with numerous healthcare disciplines and on-site pharmacy colleagues during the provision of pharmaceutical care.
- Participate in interdisciplinary care rounds to assist in the creation and modification of pharmacotherapy treatment and monitoring plans.
- Serve as a reliable drug information resource to interpret medication therapy for clinical appropriateness and safety including, but not limited to, treatment indication, dosing, duration of therapy, drug-drug/drug-disease/drug-food interactions, adverse effects, therapeutic duplication, therapeutic alternatives, medication compliance, etc.
- Document patient-specific clinical interventions in the medical record as appropriate, as well as associated cost-savings. Send recurring deliverable documents and updates on activities to the System Clinical Pharmacy Director.
- Educate healthcare professionals and patients on pharmacotherapy-related topics to promote evidence-based, patient-centered, cost-effective, and safe utilization of medications.
- Participate actively in interdisciplinary committees to improve patient care, medication safety, and regulatory compliance, including a leadership role in the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee.
- Participate in scholarly activities, site-specific medication projects and performance improvement, medication use evaluations, and financial initiatives to contribute to the advancement of pharmacy practice.
- Precept PGY1 Pharmacy Residents and Pharmacy Students from local colleges of pharmacy.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Competencies : Describe the knowledge, special skills, and abilities required to perform essential job functions.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding pharmacy practice and protected health information
- Understanding of institutional policies/procedures including standard precautions and infection control and prevention
- Effective interprofessional and interprofessional communication skills and ability to work in collaborative environments
- Time management skills and ability to effectively handle concomitant responsibilities
Qualifications : Describe experience, education, and other related requirements needed to perform the essential job functions.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy
- Valid pharmacist license in Massachusetts, or eligibility to obtain within 90 days of start date
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, or a minimum of 5 years of experience in a clinical acute care setting
- Board certification in a specific discipline
- Experience with the medication formulary process and assessment of appropriate medication use (i.e., P&T, MUEs, etc.)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs