Cardinal Health PRN Pharmacist [Pre-Determined Hire] in Louisville Diamond Grove, Mississippi
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Cardinal Health manages the pharmacy at Diamond Grove Center, and we are currently recruiting for a PRN Pharmacist to work as needed covering PTO/vacation and sick time. The facility is open Monday through Friday 8AM to 2PM, Saturday 8AM to 12PM and Sunday 1PM to 5PM.
Our Pharmacists provide pharmaceutical care services to the patients of the hospital including, but not limited to oversight, monitoring, preparation, dispensing and proper documentation of patient medication therapy as well as providing drug information, patient information and oversight of information and dispensing systems. The successful candidate will work with the team to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations as well as proper storage and documentation of pharmaceuticals.
- Interprets medical orders (verbal and written) and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles accurately. Maintains accurate, complete patient medication profiles.
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Assists with pharmacokinetics consult service and drug dosing per organizational protocol.
- Reviews/interprets culture and susceptibility data for antibiotic appropriateness and recommends changes, as needed.
- Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Sustains the formulary by minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols, and promoting rational drug therapy selection.
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff, as needed.
- Documents all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely.
- Participates in the quality improvement and medication use review activities of the department. Collects data; conducts quality monitors and inspections; and maintains logs, records, and other documentation as assigned.
- Participates in the development and presentation of orientation, education, and training programs to the pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staffs.
- Must be a “good standing” licensed Pharmacist inMississippi
- In-patient hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals
- Strong customer service skills.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reach, lifting and holding of small objects.
- Computer savvy to learn and perform successful operation of multiple pharmacy information systems.
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs