HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Psychiatric Clinical Pharmacist in Kansas City, Missouri
Do you have the career opportunities as a Psychiatric Clinical Pharmacist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At RMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: * Student Loan Repayment * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) How we build better communities.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Clinical Pharmacist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
About this unit:
Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life.
By joining our team you will have the opportunity to provide excellent pharmaceutical care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever changing healthcare environment.
The RMC Pharmacy Department services the needs of our inpatient, emergency room, surgical and outpatient oncology/infusion populations.
- Interpret orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system
- Accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals
- Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
- Provide clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed
- Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection
- Attend and actively participate in daily multidisciplinary and bedside rounds
- Support the hospital formulary decision process by working with medical staff to promote rational drug therapy and make improvements identified by drug utilization evaluations
- Provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
- Actively participate in pharmacy clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by Pharmacy Leadership
- Participate in the antimicrobial management and other clinical programs
- Document all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely
- Responsible for mentoring and education as well as ongoing analysis of interventions to insure accurate and appropriate documentation and provide summary reports (if assigned)
- Support and participate in the goals of the organization’s quality improvement, risk management and patient safety program to include but not limited to National Patient Safety Goals, Core Measures and HCAHPS medication related initiatives
- Complete notification reports regarding medication errors and adverse drug reactions
- Participate in the data collection of drug utilization evaluations, adverse drug reactions, and pharmacy quality initiatives
- Participate in the training of new pharmacists, pharmacy students, residents, technicians, nurses and physicians
- Participate in preceptorship of pharmacy students and/or residents
- Maintain professional competency sufficient to meet current and future needs of the facility
- Has knowledge of the patient populations served and apply that knowledge in the care of those patients
- Provide basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
- Effectively supervise pharmacy operation activities and provides support to the whole pharmacy team
- Compliant with facility pharmacy schedule to work physically at patient care areas to interact with medical staff, nurses and other members of the healthcare team
- Effectively and proactively intervene in conflicts between pharmacy and medical staff regarding drug therapy issue resolutions
- Train and participate with Disaster Team drills and real-event response as assigned
- Train and participate with Code Teams as assigned. Obtain and maintain BLS-ACLS or PALS current certification as appropriate
- Maintain appropriate controlled substance records
- Work with the Pharmacy Director and appropriate manager to identify processes to meet or exceed all controlled substance diversion prevention and monitoring standards
- Comply with all regulatory standards. Work with the Pharmacy Director to identify and develop processes to meet or exceed all regulatory standards
- Prioritize work and lead others to comply with facility medication turn-around time policy and procedure
- Identify areas for improved efficiency
- Supervise and assist pharmacy technicians and other support staff effectively if/when assigned
- Participate in establishing pharmacy goals and objectives and assist in their implementation
- Participate with various nursing and medical staff committees as necessary
- Participate in the continuous quality review of order sets and/or computer drug entries
- Participate in the continuous quality improvement of pharmacy operations (operational/clinical)
- Provide input for improving pharmacy computer system programs relating to pharmacy, nursing and physician programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Practice and adhere to the “ Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy, a Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of hospital clinical pharmacy experience or at least 2 years of general hospital pharmacy experience preferred; within area of focus OR completion of hospital PGY1/ pharmacy general practice residency or fellowship highly preferred
- Specialty BCPS certification preferred
- Other certification (e.g. FCCP, FASHP)
- Active pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate Missouri State Board of Pharmacy
- Missouri Medications Therapy Management Certification
/At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life/. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Psychiatric Clinical Pharmacist
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-71101