Cardinal Health PRN Pharmacist/On Call in Hospital El Maestro, Puerto Rico
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
- Review medical orders, promote use hospital protocols and politics.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Supervise pharmacy technicians.
- Ensuring adequate staffing is present to fulfill the needs of the pharmacy.
- Maintaining accurate records of all prescription medication received and dispensed.
- Ensure policies are in place regarding accurate dispensing and labeling of prescriptions and those policies are followed.
- Provide clinical consultations to physicians, nurses and staff of the Pharmacy in relation to doubts of the therapy that involve optimizing the patient's pharmacological therapy as well as offering appropriate and cost-effective therapeutic alternatives, as requested.
- Develop, implement and maintain a system of documentation of pharmaceutical interventions in the pharmacy system of the Hospital with the purpose of recording any intervention carried out and maintaining statistics of these.
- Comply and execute infection control practices, including the use of gowns, and hand washing, among other practices defined in the institution and the established policies.
- Maintain the level of competence required by the institution and the Board of Pharmacy of Puerto Rico or any regulatory body, through the participation and development of educational programs.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in pharmacy is required..
- Strong people and attention to detail skills.
- Active License of the Department of Health in PR is required.
- Active Register of the Office of Regulation of Health Professionals in PR is required.
- Annual certification of the College of Pharmacy in PR.
- Fully bilingual English and Spanish oral and written is required.
- Position is On Call, to cover employees licenses and/or weekends from 7am to 8pm as needed.
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs