HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Pharmacist in Englewood, Colorado
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacy Intern.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Swedish Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Pharmacy teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
This is a full time night shift with rotating weekends.
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Pharmacist with us:
- You will be responsible for the safe, effective and cost-effective selection and utilization of medications for the patients in which you serve
- You will use advanced knowledge, skills, and professional judgment in all aspects of his or your work
- You will serve as a leader of pharmacy services including adult and pediatric inpatient areas and satellites, specialty areas such as operating rooms, and outpatient services
- You will be responsible for directly supervising support personnel in the immediate assigned area and may act as supervisor in situations as assigned
- You will be responsible for the safe, effective and cost-effective selection and utilization of medications forthe patients in which you serve
- You will serve as a patient advocate when planning and implementing pharmaceutical care
- You will evaluate medication orders and intervene when appropriate, by considering the patient’s disease state(s), age, lab values, and other pertinent information
- You will, as a member of a multidisciplinary rounding team, collaborate with other healthcare professionals and represent the pharmacy in a knowledgeable and professional manner
- You will ensure regulatory and quality measures are followed (Core Measures, etc).
- You will review cost-effective utilization of medications during patient rounds, order entry and while performing medication use evaluations (MUEs)
- You will provide recommendations and/or literature to prescribers supporting the use of formulary agents as needed
- You will also establish and review evidence-based order sets within your practice
- You will strive to advance personal and departmental pharmaceutical knowledge
- You will stay current on literature related to pharmacy practice and to engage others in learning through staff in-servicing and other education as needed
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- Registered Pharmacist in the State of Colorado-BCPS certification preferred
- BCLS/ACLS required through AHA or ARC
- B.S. or Pharm D. degree in Pharmacy. Graduate of an accredited residency program preferred
- Minimum of three-five years hospital pharmacy experience preferred
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Clinical Pharmacist
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-101459