HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacist Intern in Aurora, Colorado
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacist Intern.
Our Pharmacy teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Here is some of what you can expect from being an Intern with us:
- You will support the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person
- You will perform unit dose cassette fill
- You will perform unit and Physician order fill
- You will perform label production and IV admixture
- You will perform charge reconciliation of patient billing documents
- You will perform audit supply on nursing units
- You will perform preparation of medications
- You may be involved in preparation and stocking of medications for automated dispensing cabinets on nursing units
- You may stock and distribute other pharmacy supplies
- You may provide drug consultation to patients, physicians, nurses and hospital personnel based upon experience, yet under the direction of a staff pharmacist
- You will when need arises, perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- Licensed Pharmacy intern by the Colorado Board of Pharmacy
- Enrollment in at least the first professional (i.e. 3rd college year) of an accredited school of pharmacy is required
- Demonstrated functional and technical skills commensurate with pharmacy training required
The Medical Center of Aurora (TMCA) is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. As part of HealthONE, recognized as the #1 large healthcare system in the country by IBM Watson Health, TMCA is comprised of five campuses including Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, The Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, and Saddle Rock ER. TMCA offers more than 60 medical specialties, including advanced cardiovascular services, robotic surgery, the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, Chest Pain Center, Colorado Chiari Institute, and more. Ranked among the top hospitals in the nation for exceptional care, TMCA is the recipient of many prestigious quality awards including being named one of the top 100 hospitals in the country by IBM Watson Health in 2020. Other awards include, eight consecutive ‘A’ grades from The Leapfrog Group, ranked as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World, a five-star rating for overall quality from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and Healthgrades 2020 America’s 250 Best Hospitals - which places TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes. A Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, TMCA is the first community hospital in the Denver-metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. For more information on our full-range of medical specialties and programs, visitwww.healthonecares.com
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacist Intern
Location: Colorado-Aurora-The Medical Center of Aurora
Requisition ID: 03191-102103