HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Pharmacist in Augusta, Georgia
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Clinical Pharmacist today with Doctors Hospital of Augusta.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Doctors Hospital of Augusta, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Student Loan Repayment * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Doctors Hospital of Augusta family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Clinical Pharmacist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We are searching for a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist to join our patient-centeted team in a Full-Time, Evening Shift (Rotating Weekends) position.
The Clinical Pharmacistis responsible for providing general clinical and pharmacy services in compliance with regulatory and hospital policies/procedures. The Pharmacist will provide patient care through the use of knowledge, skills and abilities in compounding and dispensing pharmaceuticals. Come make a difference in patients’ lives at our phenomenal hospital.
What you will do in this role:
- You will interpret orders and transcribe/verify in the pharmacy computer system efficiently.
- You will accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals.
- You will monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- You will consult with Physicians and nursing staff members concerning the availability, dosage form, side effects, and possible incompatibility of new as well as currently used drugs. You will suggest appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic medication alternatives to medical staff.
- You will sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promoting rational drug therapy selection, limiting unnecessary procurement costs.
- You will provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients.
- You will maintain appropriate controlled substance records.
You will assist with clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by Pharmacy Leadership.
- Graduate of ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy is required; PharmD Degree is preferred
- An active Pharmacist license with the Board of Pharmacy in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation is required
- Minimum of 1 year of hospital Pharmacy experience is preferred
- Prior hospital Pharmacy Residency is preferred
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 350 bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Women’s Health Surgery. At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Clinical Pharmacist
Location: Georgia-Augusta-Doctors Hospital of Augusta - Augusta
Requisition ID: 01417-13530