Cardinal Health Pharmacist - Emergency Department in Arcadia Methodist Hosp of S CA, California
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhancesafety. CardinalHealth Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the UnitedStates. CardinalHealth is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
- Interprets medical orders (verbal and written) and transcribes to computerized patient medication profilesaccurately. Maintainsaccurate, complete patient medication profiles.
- Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals.
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Reads, extracts, and interprets information in patient charts accurately.
- Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification topractitioners. Suggestsappropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff, as needed.
- Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug information to the professional staff.
- Provides drug information to patients and their families.
- Documents all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely.
- Participates in the quality improvement and medication use review activities of thedepartment. Collectsdata; conducts quality monitors and inspections; and maintains logs, records, and other documentation as assigned.
- Participates in the development and presentation of orientation, education, and training programs to the pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staffs.
- Pharmacy Degree B.S. or PharmD required
- Must be a “good standing” licensed Pharmacist inthe state of California
- Prior Emergency Department experience required
- Prior Hospital/Inpatient pharmacy experience
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals.
- Strong customer service skills.
- A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either: 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine OR 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs