HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Pharmacist PRN in Anchorage, Alaska
Clinical Pharmacist Alaska Regional Hospital
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Clinical Pharmacist.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment for select roles and facilities.
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact as an integral part of our hospital pharmacy team. The members of this team consider themselves a family where each member works hard to support each other. We are looking for someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this Pharmacist role:
- You will interact with patients, their significant others, and health care team members while maintaining professional standards in serving patients of all ages.
- You will provide prescribed medications, drugs, and other supplies as needed for appropriate patient care according to professional standards and practices.
- You will compound and dispense prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the related duties.
- You will transcribe physician prescriptions and medication orders into the CPCS system to generate a label for medication distribution.
- You will act as a drug information resource to patients, medical staff, nursing staff, and ancillary department personnel.
- You will serve as a patient therapeutic advocate with efforts directed toward continuous quality improvement of pharmacy services.
Alaska Regional’s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 550 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills – proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education: * Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education. * BS or Pharm.D degree. Licensure/Certification: * Active Pharmacist license in good standing with the Alaska State Board of Pharmacy. Experience/Skills: * Minimum of one year of hospital experience is preferred. * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Clinical Pharmacist PRN
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-8195